Summer time is perfect for eating refreshing salads and this bean salad is both hearty and delicious. As an added bonus, minimal chopping is required. Amen to getting out of the kitchen faster!
The salad is a colourful blend of kidney beans, black beans, sweet corn, crunchy green bell pepper and juicy red tomato. A homemade red wine vinaigrette adds a slight tangy flavour.
The salad is quite filling on its own due to the beans but you can also add it to your meals as a side. I ate mine along with rice and baked chicken and I was absolutely stuffed when I was done despite having small portions of everything. Feel free to add grilled chicken or fish to this dish for an effortless meal.
Bean Salad Recipe
Here is what you will need:
- A 20-ounce can of Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- A 20-ounce can of Black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 11-ounce can of Sweet corn niblets
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the kidney beans, black beans and corn into a large bowl.
2. Chop the tomato.
3. Add the chopped tomato to the bowl.
4. Chop the bell pepper.
5. Add the chopped bell pepper to the ingredients in the bowl.
6. Mix the red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Then, pour over the salad and toss to coat.
Serve cold or at room temperature and enjoy!